Thursday 10 November 2011

Over the past week I have redrawn all of my art. I am now using Adobe Flash.

I started to animate with the old art but had to stop. This was because the characters looked out of place. The lines were very thick and didn't suit the backgrounds.




Old                                                                                       New




Old                                                                                      New


In my opinion the new artwork looks a lot more professional. I have also put the images in a neater file system, so it is easy to locate the images you need.









I found Adobe Flash to be a very useful piece of software.
When drawing you are able to choose the smoothness of the lines. This gives you a neat finished image.
You can also edit the lines you have drawn much like when masking in After Effects.



This software also has an easy way to add shadows. When using the brush tool you can choose to paint 'over' under' or 'on' a paint layer.

My art style is inspired by Tom Fulp and Dan Paladin. They are the founders of 'The Behemoth' and the creators of 'Castle Crashers' and 'Alien Hominid'.
They have a very distinctive style and create all of there art in Adobe Flash.



After much research into 'Castle Crashers' and other Behemoth titles. I have realized black lines are very rarely used. This is especially used for backgrounds. 
The outer lines are usually a darker color of the fill. 



I have created a mood board containing all of the things we associate with The Wild West.

No comments:

Post a Comment