Sunday 4 December 2011

I have recently begun the lip sync process of the animation.
The recording went well and was done in one sitting.

I am going to be lip syncing in separate compositions in Adobe After Effects. I will then pre compose these and import them into the final animation file.

I have been researching online into what mouth shapes to use when lip syncing. The following images are some that have helped:



The following is a Lip sync test using the 'Potato Sheriffs mouth'


It looks like I need to create some more mouth shapes.

When Lip syncing I use the wave file image to gain the correct timing for the words.

All my characters have around 4 - 5 different mouths.

The Following are the Oranges:



Default mouth. This is used when the character is not speaking or showing emotion.




A, AHHH, EH, I. This mouth shape is used the most when animating. It can be used for most words.





F, TH. This is used before words beginning with F. It can also be used for words beginning with TH (but only because the orange uses F's)



O, OOH, URGH. This mouth is used for all words with oooh's. Is also used for short words.






I use the wave file in Adobe After Effects to see when the mouth shapes are needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment