Thursday 20 October 2011

For this project we have been asked to produce an Experimental Animation which includes realistic motion.


I am going to be producing a Western animation. The characters will be different types of fruit and vegetables.


The realistic motion will be: Walk Cycles, Doors, Lip Sync, Tumble Weed, Birds


I am yet to decide how I will create my animation. The following are animation tests using different styles...




Stop Motion:



This is a simple stop motion test. If this were created with professional lighting and many more frames a second, I feel it would be a nice animation.







The image to the left is of the different pieces used in this animation test.


I enjoyed creating the animation in this style, however I feel it would take to long and need better equipment to gain a professional finish.


Adobe After Effects and Adobe Illustrator:



These animation tests were created within both Adobe After Effects and Adobe Illustrator.
I drew the characters and Backgrounds in Illustrator and animation within After Effects.


This was relatively easy to achieve, however there is not a lot of animation within these tests. If I were to do the entire video in this style, I would have to draw many many more pieces of art.




I created the video below in Adobe flash. There is not much movement but I feel it works well.
The movement in the second shot was created using a motion tween.






The following video was created by masking the mouth and eyes on separate layers. Changing the position and using the layer mode 'multiply'. I was testing live action with flash animation.







I created the video below in 2006 using MS paint.  It was my first animation and was created by drawing each frame from scratch. Watching this video shows me how much easier Adobe Flash and other products have made animating.



The twelve animation principles are as follows:



·      Squash and Stretch (bounce)
·      Anticipation
·      Staging
·      Pose to Pose
·      Follow Through (clothes, hair, bags)
·      Slow in and Slow Out
·      Arcs (joints)
·      Secondary Action   (clothes, hair, bags)
·      Timing
·      Exaggeration
·      Solid Drawing
·      Appeal
     
    These will all be looked into later in the project.




No comments:

Post a Comment